Happy Holidays sports fans! I trust that your holiday season is filling up with all the wonder and joy that this time of year brings – and none of the stress that comes along with trying to organize a million things before the big day. Well, #SportBits is here to help! Here are my top 5 gifts for those stylish sports lovers on your list.
1. Adidas Original Samba Ostrich-Effect Sneakers – available at NET-A-PORTER
Adidas Originals’ ‘Samba’ sneakers debuted in the ’50s and were an instant hit. Updated for Fall ’18, this off-white and stone pair is made from tactile snake-effect leather and trimmed with smooth suede. They’re grounded by flexible gum soles. Fits large to size, so take a full size smaller than normal. Stylish and functional – the perfect match for your stylin’ sporty friends.
2. Athlete Collage Shirts – available at SubliWorks
This is not your average sports T-shirt. Large images of your favorite players plastered all over the shirt screams SERIOUS SPORTS FAN in a fun a unique way. These shirts make a bold statement and are definitely more fun than your average jersey. Who wouldn’t want their favorite athlete’s face plastered on a shirt?
3. Game-Used College Football Helmet Cufflinks – available at Uncommongoods.com
Made from authentic college football helmets, these cufflinks are sure to be a hit with the sports fan. A piece of sports history, each collector’s pair celebrates your favorite team with game-played helmets. The cufflinks feature sterling silver findings with the school name stamped on the back. Each pair comes gift boxed with a certificate of authenticity. Handmade in the USA and Mexico of sterling silver.
4. Need to attend a formal Holiday party but still want to support your team? Grab a pair of these glitter stiletto heels with your team logos to spice up your Holiday attire. I’m thinking New Years Eve party where you might be watching a football Bowl game. You can find these, as well as others with team logos on the heels, at Etsy.com. Prices vary.
5. Gucci Vintage Logo Headband – available at NeimanMarcus.com
This retro-inspired sportswear is a throwback to the sweatbands worn in the 1970’s. The elastic headband features a Gucci print and is treated for an allover vintage effect. Founded in Florence in 1921, Gucci is one of the world’s leading luxury fashion brands, with a renowned reputation for creativity, innovation and Italian craftsmanship. You can never go wrong with Gucci. Period.
There you have it folks … a few ideas for that sports-loving friend or family member. Order quickly before items sell out! Happy shopping and Happy Holidays. See you in 2019.